Associate Account Executive - SAS Global Sales Academy
The program provides training in SAS' core technology, sales skills and methodology, product sales and positioning, and business practices, and equips trainees with the necessary skills to succeed in the field.
Candidates hired for this position will participate in the training program at SAS' global headquarters in Cary, NC (USA) beginning July 2019.
Upon completion of the sales training program, you will work as an Associate Account Executive. You will be responsible for identifying customers' business needs and articulating how SAS' solutions can address those needs to prospective and current accounts.
As an Associate Account Executive, you will:
- Create and uncover sales opportunities in both new and existing customer accounts through well-planned demand generation efforts including cold calling and other prospecting techniques to generate customer interest and provide a targeted value proposition.
- Research marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs and develop sales opportunities.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development including qualifying, forecasting, and pipeline management of sales opportunities within your account/territory.
- Close software sales and achieve assigned software revenue targets.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university, preferably in Sales, Business, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or a related field of study.
- Internship experience or academic projects in sales, marketing, or information systems.
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to come to Cary, NC for 18 weeks of training.
- Candidates must have the ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Ability to travel up to 25% or as business needs dictate.
- Strong written & verbal English language communication skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Skilled in public speaking and/or presenting topics in front of different types of audiences.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Entry level knowledge of sales techniques.
- Ability to understand customer pain points and recommend SAS products/solutions that address those areas.
- Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels within an organization.
- This is an entry-level position.
- Must not have completed another sales program from another employer.
- To qualify, applicants must be fresh graduates or must have graduated from their University within the past 1-3 years. Must be either a local citizen or permanent resident.
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Hirevue On Demand Virtual Interviews March-April.
- On Site Interviews March-April.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Australia, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.