We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
TEMCO is located in Bell Bay Tasmania and is Australia's only ferro-alloy producer, operating four arc furnaces and a Sinter Plant to produce high-carbon ferromanganese, silicomanganese and sinter.
We have opportunities across the following:
Electrical Engineer – Capital Projects
- Project management capability for delivery of capital projects in accordance with relevant processes, standards and performance targets. Reporting to the Principal Electrical Engineer, the successful candidate will thrive on goal achievement and be driven to uphold the highest HSEC standards and Zero Harm principals;
- Execution of defined feasibility studies, cost-benefits analyses, impact assessments and business cases to define projects for approval;
- Managing the planning, safe execution and commissioning of approved projects to agreed scope, budget, schedule, quality and relevant standards and specifications; and
- Leading role in the development and reporting of the projects portfolio, budgets, plans and schedules.
Electrical Engineer – Asset Management
- Apply and maintain the systems and tools required for the basis of design for plant and equipment including technical change management, plant and equipment integrity, maintenance management systems and plant engineering support;
- Deliver outstanding Engineering outcomes to the Operations in accordance with relevant processes, standards and performance targets for HSEC and costs;
- Defines and maintains the technical blueprint for plant and equipment including the approval and governance of the associated change management process;
- Defines and maintains the basis of design for plant and equipment;
- Executes maintenance management system changes and ensures all equipment maintenance requirements are implemented for new capital equipment.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering;
- Some previous relevant experience in heavy industry, smelting or refinery environment – ideally at least 18 months experience minimum;
- High voltage systems experience (ideally);
- Experience in low voltage distribution and control systems, PLC and SCADA programming (ideally);
- Some exposure or knowledge of small to medium projects and/ or experience in asset management;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a flexible team environment;
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate and interact with a wide variety of people and build credibility.
What we offer you
- Flexible working – options considered will include 9 day fortnight
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries
TEMCO is located at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston and 4km from George Town, on the beautiful Tamar River in Tasmania. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.