Stone & Chalk (S&C) is the largest fintech hub in Asia and is already the centre of gravity for fintech in Australia.
As a Not-for-Profit organisation, Stone & Chalk takes no equity in the startups it supports and is therefore a truly independent and trusted partner for all stakeholders.
Grounded on a give first philosophy, Stone & Chalk has attracted corporate membership from 24 large Australian and global corporates and government.
After just twenty- four months of operations, S&C now houses over 300 entrepreneurs working in over 90 fintech startups that have already collectively raised over AU$101 million in funding.
For more details on the startups calling S&C home and the funding raised to date see our website.
As at No-For-Profit, whilst we do not offer paid Internships, we can offer (F) Interns the chance to beat the Catch 22 many students/ graduates experience in their job search....￼￼￼￼￼"How am I supposed to gain experience if I’m constantly turned ￼down for not having any?"
The environment at S&C is dynamic and rapidly evolves, and taking an Internship at S&C will give you access to expert speakers, 90+ start-up companies, 20+ corporate partners and in an innovative-thinking, fun, and energetic team to work alongside. It is a fantastic way to get experience within the Fintech sector and tap into an instant network that you can leverage for future work opportunities.
As in Intern you will get the following:
- Work experience as part of an autonomous, creative team making a difference, driving opportunity for Australia building a new sector (Fintech!), that competes with Asia and globally
- Exponential networking opportunity with over 90+ Fintech Start-up companies based at Stone & Chalk, and 20+ corporate sponsors and partners
- Access to All Learning Events by Expert Speakers within the Fintech Industry, as many as you wish to attend all for FREE
- Opportunity to base your university assignments on Stone & Chalk as Case Study
- Work experience, feedback on performance and mentorship from the Stone & Chalk team and from your direct mentor/manager
- A free (did someone say free???) Stone & Chalk T-shirt – Woop woop!
On successful completion of your 3 month Internship you will receive the following:
- Access to explore further work opportunities with all start-ups and corporates within the network (they will know you and your excellent work!)
- References from your direct mentor to support with future career opportunities.
The Internships are unpaid however we do offer a $25 per diem (to cover lunch & travel costs) reimbursement on the successful completion of the 3month Internship to help those students that are keen to Intern where the Internship is not part of an international program or a university credit scheme, and to ensure equal access for all no matter where in the greater Sydney or Melbourne area you are located.
Many of our Interns have gone on to find paid work directly within the S&C organisation or within the Fintech ecosystem, which we actively encourage and try to connect to enable wherever possible.
We have further Internship guidelines that help outline how we can support you to get the most out of the learning opportunity that an Internship at S&C offers.