- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
University of Melbourne
Andrew, B. Engineering, University of Melbourne
What do you do in your role?
Risk analysis, pricing and selling of machinery breakdown and construction insurance under our Vero brand.
What is a typical day for you at Suncorp?
Underwriting new business opportunities, managing renewals of pre-existing policies, meeting and speaking to insurance brokers to develop new business opportunities, discussing complex insurance risks with team members.
What has been your biggest challenge so far?
Understanding the insurance industry as I have come from a non-insurance related background.
Any advice for students?
Look for opportunities to gain practical work experience in a field of interest.
What is the best thing about working for Suncorp?
Work life balance, flexible work environment and very supportive team members.