Make a difference to Sydney’s future.
At Sydney Water, we exist for our customers. We provide safe, refreshing drinking water to almost five million people across Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. We look after wastewater and some stormwater services to protect the health of our rivers and beaches.
As Australia’s largest water and wastewater service provider, we’re proud to play a key role in Sydneysiders’ continuing enjoyment of this great city and iconic outdoor way of life. The services we provide help sustain and grow new life. We’ve been supplying high quality services to our customers for more than 130 years and we’re passionate about contributing to the lifestyle of Sydney now and in the future.
Why join Sydney Water?
Join Sydney Water and make a real difference: world-class water from our taps, beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea.
Joining Sydney Water offers you the chance to help shape the lifestyle of your community. You’ll have real responsibility, real variety and real satisfaction. We’ll be looking to you to help us innovate to meet the challenges of our growing cities.
From scientists, engineers, planners, environmentalists, data analysts to our dedicated maintenance crews, our people and their jobs are as varied as the communities we serve.
We work hard to harness the diversity of thought, experiences and perspectives our people bring. This helps us build our capability and make better decisions. Why not enrich the mix and join us to explore your potential?
How does our Graduate Program work?
Beginning in February, we offer a four-year rotational program offering up to four 12 month work placements.
During this time, we help you discover your potential through a range of learning opportunities.
The first year focusses on personal development and communications. This is designed to help the transition from university to work.
The second year focusses on leadership and developing technical expertise.
During the third and fourth year, graduates seek a permanent position while continuing to develop skills and capabilities.
Graduates can apply for full time positions after 18 months.
What do we want from you?
We recruit about 10-20 graduates each year from a range of disciplines, including:
- Digital and analytics
- Engineering - civil, chemical, mechanical, environmental and electrical
- Environmental Science
- Communications and marketing
- Finance and accounting
We're looking for graduates who are lifelong learners with innovative, creative and open minds.
You'll need to:
- have completed your undergraduate degree the previous year, or be due to complete it this year, at a recognised Australian University
- hold Australian citizenship or permanent residency status when you apply
- have a solid academic transcript
- be a team player
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- be flexible and open to change
What can you expect?
Your work will make a meaningful contribution and make a difference to our customers and Sydney’s future.
You can expect:
- hands-on experience with varied, challenging projects.
- You’ll have the flexibility to choose your career path as you rotate across different business areas.
- You’ll be able to set and achieve real goals as you take on challenging and varied work.
- ongoing learning and development. You’ll receive ongoing training to equip you as a future leader throughout the four years. Your supervisor will support you and give you the tools and training you need on the job.
- support and networking opportunities. Your buddy and supervisor will support you when you start and throughout the year.
- You’ll be able to build networks with your fellow graduates as well as senior leaders across the business.
- your health, safety and wellbeing to be our priority. We respect and value the needs of our people to ensure they have the right work-life balance.
Join our Graduate Program: shape your future, shape our future, shape our cities’ future.