Is this role for you?
This position is primarily based within the Telecommunications Unit with opportunities to work within other Engineer Units identified to support the career development of the Graduate and the needs of TasNetworks.
- To gain the knowledge, skills, and practical experience in Engineering to facilitate a move to a suitable substantive position within the organisation (or industry) by completion of the graduate placement.
- To assist TasNetworks meet business objectives by undertaking project and duties within various workgroups, commensurate with the individual's developing knowledge and skills.
- To participate in TasNetworks' graduate program.
Can you deliver?
- Undertake data capture and analysis as required to determine best technical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Increase knowledge and skills specific to the telecommunications industry through formal and/or on the job training
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities of the organisation, each group and department, and relevant positions.
- Work within Telecommunications business functions to gain an understanding of a telecommunications carrier and telecommunications business in general.
- Manage the planning and delivery of capital projects, by applying recognised project management principles, standards and processes and complying with TasNetworks' project management policies and methodologies.
- Use competencies to provide technical support within the organisation
- Assist in ensuring systems and processes in place to capture, store and communicate accurate network information.
What does success look like?
- Demonstrates initiative, identifies opportunities to enhance current business performance
- Ability to self-motivate, manage own performance, contribute to business outcomes
- Decision-making oriented, able to make sound decisions
- Builds effective partnerships across stakeholders group to deliver results
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering
- Understands good communication and communicates effectively
- Ability to think strategically, delivering sound solutions to complex problems
- Seeks to understand internal and external customers
- Current driver's Licence
For further information on this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising closes Monday 12th November 2018 at 11:59pm EST