Help us connect Australia to a renewable energy future
At the heart of the national electricity market, our high voltage transmission network connects consumers across NSW and the ACT to safe and reliable electricity. We take a leading role in encouraging the connection of renewable generation and, more broadly, the transition to a low carbon future.
We offer fulfilling careers where every person is encouraged to take advantage of ongoing opportunities to develop their skills. Our people come from a broad range of backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve, and bring different perspectives to different challenges. Together they play a critical role in our continued success.
Our two year Graduate Program is designed to help you bridge the gap between formal education and the workplace. Our graduates are offered a unique opportunity to learn from leading experts and develop professional skills that will help get your career off to a flying start.
As a TransGrid Graduate, you will undertake four rotations in key business areas with access to internal and external development opportunities to enhance your professional knowledge and skills.
Depending on your background and career aspirations, TransGrid offers a Construction Management, Business and Electrical Engineering program stream.
Hiring grads with degrees in: Economics, Mathematics, Business, Commerce, Finance, Communications, Public Relations, Media, IT, Law, Project Management, Telecommunications and Engineering.
In our Business Stream, you will rotate through four areas of the business, building a diverse skillset to prepare you for a career in the Energy Industry.
Potential careers post program: Strategy Analyst, Regulatory Analyst, HR Advisor, Proposal Management, Customer Management, Engagement & Communications Advisor, IT Business Analyst.
Construction & Project Management Stream
Hiring grads with degrees in: Construction, Project Management, or Engineering (Project Management major preferred)
Our Construction & Project Management Stream is designed to accelerate your development as a construction and project manager, preparing you to take part in some of the largest developments in the National Electricity Market’s history. This stream will include rotations within our Project Delivery Group with another possible rotation in our Maintenance stream. Rotations will be primarily based at our Eastern Creek office however there may also be opportunity for regional rotations across New South Wales.
Potential career pathways include: Project Manager, Project Director, Program Manager.
Electrical Engineering stream
Hiring grads with a degree in: Electrical Engineering
As a Graduate in the Engineering stream, you’ll be embedded in one Business Unit with another possible rotation across the business. With this you will build a deep understanding, kick starting your engineering career.
Potential career pathways include: Planning Engineer, Project Development Engineer, Design Engineer.
As a TransGrid Graduate you will have access to:
- Ongoing learning and development
- Eligible to apply or be considered for full-time employment after third rotation
- Opportunity to travel across NSW
- Wellbeing program, Social Clubs, Welfare Fund
- Discounted gym memberships with Fitness Passport
- Annual Health Checks, Flu Shots, Skin Checks, Lung Checks
- 14 weeks paid Primary Carer leave and two weeks secondary carer paid leave
- Flexi-time or nine day fortnight work pattern
- Competitive salary and 15% superannuation
To be eligible for the TransGrid Graduate Program you must have:
- Australian permanent residency or Australian or New Zealand citizenship
- Degree qualification or higher within the past three years for 2019 Program
Graduates who perform well in the Graduate Development Program are:
- Motivated and willing to learn
- Able to think laterally and to provide input to innovative solutions to complex problems
- Able to work well with others
- Clear communicators
- Environmentally and socially responsible
- Appreciative and sensitive of difference and diversity