WHO WE ARE
Here at Urbis, we have one simple goal – to shape the cities and communities of Australia for a better future.
“ ...you’re dealing with the experts who will connect you to a better outcome, every time."
It’s something we achieve by drawing together a network of the brightest minds. Think of Urbis as a creative community of practice experts, working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance – all backed up by real, evidence-based solutions.
So what does this mean for you? Whether you engage with us in the areas of planning, design, policy, heritage, valuations, transactions, economics or research, you know you’re dealing with the experts who will connect you to a better outcome, every time.
STUDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM 2020
Shaping cities, communities and your career.
If you’re looking to kick start your career in a multidisciplinary professional services firm, look no further. We are offering exclusive opportunities for the best and brightest students to gain invaluable experience and broad exposure to our business and related industries, across our Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Sydney offices.
We’re looking for undergraduate or post-graduate students who are hardworking, collaborative and passionate about shaping communities and cities.
- Monday 19 August 2019 – Applications open
- Friday 13 September 2019 – Applications close by 5pm AEST
OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU
“Urbis has helped me gain invaluable industry experience and provided me with great flexibility to continue my studies alongside. Working in a collaborative and inclusive team, Urbis has always been happy to provide me with support and guidance both in my role and assignments."
- Simon To, Economic Advisory & Public Policy, Melbourne
Our annual program will run from February to December 2020, which means you’ll be graduating with the distinct advantage of industry experience over your peers.
All these positions will offer flexibility (2-4 days a week) in order to complement your studies.
We have student vacancies in the following areas:
- Urban & Social Planning
- Urban Design & Landscape Architecture
- Property Economics & Market Research
- Valuations & Real Estate Advisory
- Economic Advisory
- Public Policy
Our opportunities in this program are in the following practice areas:
- Urban Planning – Shaping tomorrow’s cities and communities begins with planning. Our Planning team works on projects of all sizes, with a well-deserved reputation as experts in statutory and strategic planning across cities, communities, business parks, mixed-use developments and activity centres, just to name a few.
- Urban Design & Landscape Architecture – Good design turns spaces into places that live and work, inspire and reward. Work alongside and learn from some of Australia’s finest urban designers and landscape architects.
- Property Economics & Market Research – Clients turn to Urbis for robust and insightful economic advice and research which helps inform solutions to complex policy, property and social challenges.
- Valuations & Real Estate Advisory – Working with this specialist team you’ll be learning how we help our clients make the right property decisions at the right time.
- Public Policy & Social Planning – Our team is a market leader in policy advice and evaluation, guiding clients on a variety of social issues to inform future decision-making.
- Heritage – Our expertise in heritage conservation helps our clients to shape lively new places that respect our history and conserve heritage values for future generations.
If you want to learn more, please head to our website.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Applications for the 2020 National Student Internship Program will be opening up in August 2019.
If you’re interested in being part of the 2020 program, check back in at this page from 19 August to apply.
What you need to know
As part of your application, you will need to select which team you’d like to apply for, and provide your CV, cover letter and your academic transcripts.
If you are applying for a role in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design, we will also require a portfolio or examples of your work in order for your application to be considered. If you’re applying for other teams, you are welcome to also provide examples of your work in the portfolio section, however this is not required.
In order for your application to be considered, it must be submitted online. Please do not send applications to our HR email addresses as you will be redirected to apply online.
What do we look for?
We look for strong communication skills, academic performance, professionalism and a passion for community and cityshaping.
The best way for you to stand out is a strong application with a tailored, well-considered and concise cover letter. We will provide questions for you to respond to in your cover letter shortly before applications open on Monday 19 August 2019.
Our recruitment process
Shortlisting will begin once applications have closed, and you may be invited to one of our offices for an information evening followed by an interview. Information evenings and interviews will be held from October 2019 in the respective offices.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for the program.
You must also be studying a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in 2020. Preference will be given to those in their final year of study in 2020 but we certainly encourage applications from those earlier on in their degrees too.
Interested in our Perth office?
We do accept expressions of interest for our Perth office, which regularly offers casual employment for students in the areas of Property Economics & Research, Urban Planning, Urban Design and Landscape Architecture. If you’re undertaking studies in a field relevant to any of these, we’d love to hear from you! To register your interest for Perth, please send your CV to the Perth HR team at email@example.com
If you have any questions about the 2020 National Student Internship Program, you can get in touch with one of our local HR teams via the relevant email address as listed below. Please do not send applications to our HR email addresses as you will be redirected to apply online
- Brisbane: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gold Coast: email@example.com
- Sydney: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melbourne: email@example.com
- Perth: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the information page of our website to read more from past students!