- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Salary at Victorian Public Service
- Average rating for Salary, based on 14 reviews7.4 / 10
What are your thoughts on pay and bonuses at your company?
Pay is low starting out- no bonuses
There was no incentive for me to start as a graduate if I finish the program and return to entry level pay.
My pay rate is suitable, but in a role where I had a bit more knowledge I should be able to command a higher salary. Pay progression is good.
They are adequate
Pay is quite reasonable. There are no bonuses for my level. However, due to an administrative backlog I am being paid below the level I am currently working at
What are your company's best or most unusual perks? For example: free tickets, free dinners, moving expenses, taxis, pension, etc.
we don't get any perks- it is the public service
Flexible working arrangements are slowly moving in across the VPS
myki commuters club train ticket cheap membership at the government gym
Being part of a large employer (public service) with flexibility to move into diverse areas and departments e.g. on secondment
Diversity networks. Ability to change careers many times within the public service and receive long-service benefits through that change.