KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensure all appropriate actions are taken to implement and maintain the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental policy, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Adhere to all safe working procedures.
- Take reasonable care of self and others who may be affected by own actions.
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety through participation in formal and informal discussions, committee meetings, workplace visits and hazard inspections, etc.
- Participate where required in the resolution of safety issues and long-term plans for a safe and environmentally friendly workplace.
- Ensure consultation with employee health, safety and environment representatives, particularly on any workplace changes, which have a health and safety implications.
- Evaluate the H & S requirements prior to purchasing goods or services.
Energy consumption optimisation
- Collect data from each of the mills to track their energy consumption
- Create detailed reports on the energy consumption at each mill
- Develop metrics for the mills in order to monitor and analyse energy consumption
- Develop database such as Tranpara for live monitoring
- Assist the Energy Manager VPP Process and Engineering in the following:
- Evaluate energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs across the mills
- Design and develop energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs across the mills
- Improve energy efficiency across our Pulp and Recycle papermills
- Identify and perform technical analysis of energy saving opportunities across the mills
- Calculate the savings on energy projects to determine the merit
- Perform audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or efficiency initiatives at the various mills
- Project manage and implement energy saving projects at various mills
- Assist mills in implementing projects
Co generation assistance
- Design, develop and evaluate process improvement ideas
- Develop metrics for the Cogeneration plant in order to monitor and analyse plant performance
- Assist operations with day to day operation
- Knowledge and experience with visualisation databases such as Transpara, Qliksense or Tableau regarded highly
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering - mechanical or chemical
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Systematic and analytical approach
- Full working rights in Australia
Supporting documentation required
- Full academic transcript with credit average or above
- Cover letter describing "What a Better World" means to you
Apply now to email@example.com