Reviews by Vodafone graduate employees
- The support provided for Graduates and forming close bonds with the other graduates. Also the company perks are great as well!
- Technology changes very often and I get a lot of exposure to these technologies very often. The changes I make to the network can affect a lot of customers therefore before any change is made a very detailed analysis has to be done to understand the impact of any change and how to best progress through such a change. The people I work with are very friendly, professional and highly knowledgeable in their respective fields, coming in as a graduate I had 1000's of questions and everyone I asked has the grace and patience of explaining various things to me with great detail. The support and encouragement I have received to empower myself is unlike anything I have had before and makes me feel very secure in my role.
- Flexible working arrangements, casual dress code, lack of hierarchy, challenging and meaningful work on offer, great colleagues, awesome new building and state of the art technology.
- Great range of working experiences, as a graduate get to experience the company with the added benefit of being provided with the support to help you learn and grow both personally and professionally
- Support and learning is always available. Fun and vibrant culture.
- I had to move from my home back in Melbourne, but this gave me an oppurtunity to make new friends and network with professionals in another state.
- Lack of governance structure in certain areas
- Learning and development program for Graduates, Large discrepancies between the funding of different departments, Not enough health and wellbeing initiatives.
- There are no drawbacks that I can identify. Yes, sometimes my job role is challenging and I get thrown in the deep end but throughout all these experiences I've always had everyone behind me to help me along the way.
- Inefficient processes - task responsibility changes hands before the resolution