Transaction Services is one of the most exciting areas to be in banking today.
- Our Global Transaction Services (GTS) team offers you a dynamic fast-paced environment that will challenge you.
- You'll be involved with creating cutting edge solutions as we improve the digital payment and integration experiences that continue to make things easier for our clients.
- As one of the leading institutional transaction banks, you will work with our highly skilled Bid, Product and Service teams. We're digitising and mobilising the movement of money.
- Our transaction solutions attract the deposits that are the fuel for the bank's engine.
- GTS is a business that explores, creates and manages the newest trends and technologies (mobility, digital payments, big data, etc.) that are then applied to solve real-world customer challenges.
Who should apply:
Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply with successful applicants having a strong interest in innovation, solution development/design and a commitment to delivering positive customer outcomes.
Where you will work:
Sydney location available
10 Week Summer Internship
How your Summer could be spent:
As an Intern within Global Transaction Services, you'll have the opportunity to actively participate in roles like product management, project management, innovation & implementation, bid management, business development and sales & client service. You'll have the opportunity to experience different teams to build your experience and grow your network. Interns may work on projects such as:
- Negotiating and implementing a new product
- Servicing and managing the day-to-day needs of our multinational clients
- Preparing for client tenders
- Working with the GTS team to define and deliver business strategic priorities
- Assisting with the design and implementation of innovative customer solutions
- Reviewing and helping to embed risk and compliance controls for GTS
- Preparing data analyses to assist business performance
- Engaging across Westpac Institutional Bank and the broader Westpac Group in assisting on key group-wide projects
Future career opportunities:
As an intern, you will be offered the opportunity to position yourself for future Graduate roles. You will develop technical/analytical skills, industry and operational knowledge, project and product management skills, stakeholder and relationship management and negotiation and influencing skills setting you up for possible careers such as:
- Business Development Manager
- Solutions Manager
- Implementation Lead
- Product Manager
- Risk Analyst
Want to hear more from a Global Transaction Services employee? Watch their story here or read their profile here.