- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by Westpac graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 58 graduates working at Westpac. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 58 responses.
- Diverse experiences
- The opportunities for career advancement, high performance culture
- Experience & exposure to different areas
- Great opportunities for networking Flexible work hours Is customer focus and does live by its values
- Very flexible working arrangements, good culture
- level of administrative processes
- The structure of the graduate program, requires a little more clarity.
- A lot of technology work is outsourced.
- Very few international opportunities. Time it takes to get things done, bureaucracy.
- Guidance seems to depend more on the team you're in and the people around you than HR. The graduate program seems to be heavily dependent on the stream managers - with little involvement from the wider graduate HR group.
What insiders say about…
Corporate financial analysis Industry Analysis Management Assessment Internal meetings/discussions
Friendly and genuine culture. Very diverse. Fairly social - tend to be certain teams/groups of people who like to socialise on a regular basis. Fairly frequent formal social events e.g. Christmas parties, team drinks. As the company is large, you can either involve yourself in social activities and cultural events at whatever level you choose.
Company and economic related questions, standard behavioral and technical questions.
Standard 9 to 5 hours, if you work overtime you can take time in lieu. Sometimes you have to work weekends, but then you can take a day off during the week.
Good for a graduate starting salary, but I think there should be greater scope to differentiate yourself.
No fee Westpac/amex black card - extra points
I have regular communication with my managers in both formal and informal channels.
Online training academies, credit workshops, portfolio management. You learn about the company, systems, regulations, and technicalities of credit assessment as well as client services/sales/relationship management of a portfolio.
From current position seems quite difficult to progress.
Westpac provides a widespread range of initiatives that address all areas of diversity.
Main reason I chose Westpac. Genuine approach to helping improve Australia
Great location which is very easy to get to and close to restaurants/bars/facilities. Dress code is business (no tie or jacket required unless meeting with a client) but casual Fridays are always a must!
State of the art building. Moving towards a paperless environment.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.UBS is a global financial services firm offering investment banking and asset management.
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.