- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- IT and communications
- Construction and property services
- Mining, oil and gas
- Creative arts and culture
- Retail and consumer goods
- Education and training
- Transport and logistics
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by Westpac graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 58 graduates working at Westpac. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 58 responses.
- Diverse experiences
- The opportunities for career advancement, high performance culture
- Experience & exposure to different areas
- Great opportunities for networking Flexible work hours Is customer focus and does live by its values
- Very flexible working arrangements, good culture
- level of administrative processes
- The structure of the graduate program, requires a little more clarity.
- A lot of technology work is outsourced.
- Very few international opportunities. Time it takes to get things done, bureaucracy.
- Guidance seems to depend more on the team you're in and the people around you than HR. The graduate program seems to be heavily dependent on the stream managers - with little involvement from the wider graduate HR group.
What insiders say about…
System maintenance, system administration. Introducing new procure/service management tool to the organisation Handling large number of users and verifying system chargeback
The structure is relatively flat, and I feel confident and comfortable speaking anybody up to the head of finance level. My team lives the value of 'one team'. Everybody is always there to answer any questions and provide support to other members of the team.
Multiple interviews, both phone and video. Then an assessment center
a day. Very flexible in the hours I work, lunch breaks etc, and also where I work.
Pay is definitely competitive. very happy in that regard
They offer a lot of items at discounted rates through supplier agreements. they also offer bank products at discounted rates which is absolutely awesome
Graduate managers & mentors are very helpful, able to talk about all sorts of topics with them.
Completed RG146 in my graduate year. Paid for by work. Lots of on the job training along the way.
There are some good opportunities but some areas expect you to "do your time" rather than giving you a chance to prove yourself.
Currently at the company level, something like 46% of leadership positions are filled by women, and there is a commitment of 50% by 2017. In my office alone, there is a diversity of gender, race, experience and opinion. We are aware of and continue to manage unconscious bias, with HR Managers ensuring they recruit people from diverse backgrounds, but ultimately it is a meritocracy.
You can take a day off to do charity work, and there are some programs for charitable causes.
Both offices in the CBD are very good. Dress code varies team to team, but is generally a suit with or without a tie for men
There is talk about being green, and starting to go paperless.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.UBS is a global financial services firm offering investment banking and asset management.
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.