With Australian superannuation funds among the largest asset pools in the world, our clients - some of Australia's largest and most complex superannuation funds - seek our help with strategy, benefit design, management and governance. It's our actuarial know-how, our independence, our deep insights and practical solutions that help create value for clients and their members alike.
As a Vacation Student in our Retirement Consulting teams, you will utilise your analytical skills to help provide insight into the future. For example, analysts assist in the management of risks using both quantitative and qualitative methods of analysis and research to assess the probability of particular outcomes and the impact of those outcomes.
Taking that a step further, technical, industry and best-practice knowledge is then applied to provide insight into how, for example, risks can be mitigated, benefit programs can be enhanced or capital optimised. This requires a high degree of skill, judgment and acuity which is best learned on the job. As an independent consulting company our advice is tailored to every client. That makes your role varied.
As a Vacation Student with Willis Towers Watson, you can expect to participate in delivering these real outcomes to real clients.
- Performing superannuation and other benefit calculations
- Performing Defined Benefit Funding and Solvency Valuations
- Monitoring solvency position of superannuation funds
- Preparing Accounting Valuations for sponsor companies
- Investment monitoring and recommendations
- Assisting with advice on superannuation fund benefit design, and costing
- Reviewing clients' insurance arrangements and analysis of insurance market
- Drafting reports, letters and emails
- Liaising with overseas colleagues on multinational clients
- In penultimate (second last) year of study, studying towards a Bachelor's degree majoring in Actuarial Studies, or any other numerical-based major with significant quantitative course work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications for analysis and reporting, particularly MS Excel
- Attention to detail
- Successfully able to work as an individual as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively
- Ability to manage multiple projects and manage time effectively
- Good analytical and research capabilities with the ability to challenge conventional thinking
- Passion to acquire, share, and disseminate new information and knowledge
- Evidence of relationship building skills and client management
- Proactive approach to meeting customers' needs
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ideally, some extra-curricular activity which evidences drive, initiative, teamwork and customer relations
- Interest in qualifying as an Actuary or Actuarial exam progress toward ASA and/or FSA credentials
All applicants are required to submit a copy of their most recent academic transcript.
Candidates must have either Australian or New Zealand citizenship or an appropriate permanent working visa.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer