We make work safe
At WorkSafe Victoria you can come to work every day knowing that you’re working for the benefit of people.
We are united in our vision of all Victorian workers returning home safe to their loved ones at the end of the day.
We help employers understand and comply with Victoria’s occupational health and safety and compensation laws; to keep their workplaces safe and prevent injuries and illness.
We provide employers with insurance to protect their workers and their business.
And we provide compensation and support to workers if they’re injured on the job, to help them recover and return to safe work sooner.
Whatever your speciality, WorkSafe Victoria’s Graduate Program offers so many opportunities to turn theory into practice and be part of something bigger.
We will ensure over the next decade and beyond, WorkSafe continues to lead the way in creating healthier and safer workplaces for all Victorians.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Our Graduate Program will do more than just kick-start your career. We’ll help you to further develop your skills, learn more from talented and passionate professionals and challenge yourself to reach your full potential.
You will participate in an 18 month program with 3 rotations across various areas of our organisation. You’ll find yourself exposed to areas that you may already have an interest in exploring and also those which will see you step outside of your comfort zone and ready to learn. It’s often when you stretch yourself a little bit that you learn the most.
The development program will include:
- Graduate team project – you will work on a project(s) with your fellow graduates that will develop your leadership skills and support the implementation of WorkSafe 2030
- Workshops and online learning – you will attend workshops and undertake online learning that will build your capability in areas that are essential for a successful career at WorkSafe
- Graduate peer group – you will network with fellow graduates and learn from each other’s experiences
- Buddy program – you will be paired with a past graduate of this program. As someone who has walked in your shoes, they will be here to guide you along the way
- Mentor – you will also be paired with a WorkSafe leader who will share their insights of WorkSafe and their business area, and help develop your professional network
What areas of expertise are they looking for? You might ask.
Well, we are seeking graduates from a range of disciplines and varying experiences as we believe that education must be coupled with awesome transferable skills to achieve your goals within a graduate program like ours. You will be flexible and curious in your approach, resilient and committed to achieving the most you can throughout your time as a Worksafe Grad.
We are looking for graduates to work with us in the following areas of our organisation:
- Policy & Legislation
- Government Relations
- Data & Analytics
- Marketing & Communications
- Information Technology & Cyber Security
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!