- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Operations Graduate Jobs
Find the best Operations Graduate Jobs
Operations Graduate Jobs overview
Operations is a multi-disciplinary field, referring to the core function of companies. Operations is focused on planning, organising and supervising the process of production to create high levels of efficiency within business operations in regards to the production of goods and services.
Operations graduate jobs will involve quality control, quality management, managing supply chains, product formulation, facilities management, design, contacting vendors, purchasing external products and ordering goods.
NSW, Victoria and Queensland employ the largest number of workers in operations, hiring graduates from disciplines including business and management, finance, accounting, HR and project management.
The major industries employing operations graduates are:
Types of jobs/roles
For those interested in operations there are a number of different career paths graduates can take, including:
- Operations manager – involves planning, scheduling and budgeting to support the production of high-quality goods or services at an acceptable cost and within timeframes.
- Purchasing manager – focusing on the logistics of buying raw materials and other supplies a business needs.
- Materials manager – involves the production and storage of finished products and the logistics involved in transporting these.
- Operations research – responsible for identifying the best allocation of an organisations assets and resources, including time, capital, human resources and hard assets.
- Consultant – works with companies to improve their operations through operational changes regarding logistics and supply chain management.
- Project manager – involves planning, coordinating, budgeting, executing and evaluating projects within budget and timeframes.
The average starting salary for an operations graduate is $55,000 per year.
Companies offering operations graduate jobs in Australia include:
- Australian Defence Force
- Australian Federal Police
- Cobham Aviation
These graduate programs are advertised on job boards and company websites, as well as career fairs. Register now to be to notified of new opportunities and application deadlines for operations graduate jobs.