NAB is seeking dynamic disruptors to join our Technology workforce through our Technology Internship program. A paid placement at NAB will give you the opportunity to do real work, accelerate your development, make friends and build networks that last a lifetime.
Our Internship Program provides Australia's best and brightest students with opportunities for hands on, professional experience to kick start your career in Technology.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Our Software Engineer Intern can work on a variety of tasks, in many different roles. We are focused on giving you the most exposure and experience that aligns with your development goals to pursue a career in Technology.
Some examples of types of tasks you may be doing include:
- Software development and configuration
- Developing automation to replace manual deployment steps
- Develop a quality and maintainable code base which will be unit tested against acceptance criteria
- Complete story development tasks as per prioritised in a Jira backlog
- Identify and extract code assets that can be used by other NAB projects
- Select appropriate code libraries to be used in the project
- Create and maintain documentation on code and design decisions
- Testing and Automation
- Technical requirements gathering and analysis
- Running Reports and technical documentation
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re seeking talent students who have:
- A passion and interest for technology
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Creativity in problem solving
- A great attitude and awesome personality
As an Intern Software Engineer at NAB you can be working with a variety of technologies, we ask that you have foundation exposure and experience in:
- Familiarity with SDLC and Agile practices
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud Technologies (AWS & Microsoft Azure)
- Ability to learn, write code and interpret technical requirements.
Our technology internship program is open to students from the following eligible universities:
- Federation University
- University of Melbourne
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- UNSW Sydney
To be eligible to apply, you will:
- Currently enrolled or finishing in studies aligned to the placements available;
- Hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or confirmed Australian Permanent Residency status at the time of your application;
- Be enrolled or graduating at one of the eligible universities.
When applying, please select code GEN001 for software engineer roles. You will need a copy of your CV and your university transcript.