Teach For Australia
WE EXIST TO CHANGE LIVES.
Australia has one of the least equitable education systems in the developed world.
Teach For Australia is part of a global movement dedicated to breaking the cycle of disadvantage through teaching and leadership in education.
We attract outstanding graduates and professionals from all academic disciplines, who commit to teaching in an educationally disadvantaged school for at least two years.
- For the duration of the program, you’ll teach at one of our partner secondary schools with full salary and benefits.
- You will earn a Master of Teaching (Secondary) degree on scholarship while teaching. You’ll have access to rigorous and ongoing coaching as part of our award-winning Leadership Development program.
- After two intense, challenging and unbelievably rewarding years, you’ll have completed the program and become part of our Alumni movement, working to see systemic change from positions of influence across all sectors of society.
“There’s no other graduate program that forces you to confront your own strengths and weaknesses in such an intense and intentional way,” says Alumna Ramya Madhavan.
Ramya completed a Bachelor of Engineering (electrical and Electronic) and a Bachelor of Arts before joining Teach For Australia. She now works as Country Director of education charity Street Child in Nepal.
Kids are falling through the education gap. You didn’t. They shouldn’t. Teach For Australia.
Teach For Australia Associates don’t start out as teachers – in fact, they come from all academic disciplines and a variety of backgrounds. As such, there is no “ideal” candidate profile.
Teaching may or may not be something that you have previously considered. We look for well-rounded and passionate individuals, who have the qualities to create change, inside the classroom and beyond.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
- Applicants must have completed at least a Bachelor degree in any discipline by the end of 2016.
- Applicants must not already have a degree in education.
- Applicants must have achieved a high-credit average or above in their degrees, except in exceptional circumstances.
We harness different perspectives, experiences and talents in order to continually learn and best serve our culturally diverse school communities.
We are committed to ensuring all applicants are treated fairly and with respect, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion or ability.
We are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process to accommodate your particular circumstances.