- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Westpac Group Reviews
Reviews by Westpac Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 58 graduates working at Westpac Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 58 responses.
- Diverse experiences
- The opportunities for career advancement, high performance culture
- Experience & exposure to different areas
- Great opportunities for networking Flexible work hours Is customer focus and does live by its values
- Very flexible working arrangements, good culture
- level of administrative processes
- The structure of the graduate program, requires a little more clarity.
- A lot of technology work is outsourced.
- Very few international opportunities. Time it takes to get things done, bureaucracy.
- Guidance seems to depend more on the team you're in and the people around you than HR. The graduate program seems to be heavily dependent on the stream managers - with little involvement from the wider graduate HR group.
What insiders say about…
As a graduate you are able to rotate between teams every few months which allows us to experience a variety of areas and work in different product areas and client types.
Graduates do not have to conform to the hierarchy. You have a license to take any other employee out to coffee, no matter where they are from or who they are. Plenty of work-life balance, flexible working arrangements (work from home). Great support network from previous graduates, mentors, and placement supervisors. The rotational structure of the program provides exposure to three key business areas and your networks improve significantly.
Past experiences, my values & aspirations in a career, what I can bring to the table as a graduate for Westpac.
We generally work 9-5 there is a large scale for flexibility. in my role I can work from home when I need to. I have had injuries that require me to attend physio and have had no troubles working from home on those days. shifting your hour�s forwards or back is generally ok too. the onus here is usually placed on getting work done, not how many hours you spend at a desk
Pay is standard market rate, no bonuses for graduates
Highly accessible in most cases. I can personally say that a great deal of the managers make excellent mentors.
BA/PM skills. The training could be evolved further to include more dynamic & current skills being used in the organisation (e.g. agile, selective courses for people with specific career goals/position titles).
I think more and more it needs to become about the right person for the right position, rather than being based on years of service.
Westpac provides a widespread range of initiatives that address all areas of diversity.
Foundations drive CSR work and resource allocation. I've been involved with assessing community grant applications.
Very clean with great facilities. Dress code in Group Tech a little more casual- No ties
Westpac is moving towards dramatically reducing the usage of paper in the workplace. This includes the new offices at Barangaroo which are agile and paperless.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.UBS is a global financial services firm offering investment banking and asset management.
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.