- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Westpac Group Reviews
Reviews by Westpac Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 58 graduates working at Westpac Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 58 responses.
- Diverse experiences
- The opportunities for career advancement, high performance culture
- Experience & exposure to different areas
- Great opportunities for networking Flexible work hours Is customer focus and does live by its values
- Very flexible working arrangements, good culture
- level of administrative processes
- The structure of the graduate program, requires a little more clarity.
- A lot of technology work is outsourced.
- Very few international opportunities. Time it takes to get things done, bureaucracy.
- Guidance seems to depend more on the team you're in and the people around you than HR. The graduate program seems to be heavily dependent on the stream managers - with little involvement from the wider graduate HR group.
What insiders say about…
Producing documents to fulfil quota Entry level position with flat learning curve. Placed here at my objection as team was under resourced.
The culture is amazing. Everyone gets along no matter which department and we are all willing to help each other at any time.
Behavioral questions relating to leadership, teamwork etc as well as specific technical questions regarding financial markets.
a day. Very flexible in the hours I work, lunch breaks etc, and also where I work.
I am aware that other graduate programs across the IT Industry may provide larger pay packages, however, Westpac's graduate package is in line with the other 3 Big banks of Australia.
My Benefits website where deals with a multitude of vendors are provided and regularly updated
The program has an informal review and mentorship process. it allows me as a grad to ask any questions and get feedback on my performance, without worry about it being recorded. This lets me focus on learning now and achieving later.
Lots of soft skills workshops available, but would like to get more technical training.
I am aiming to get hired at the level of Senior Analyst when I roll off the graduate program. I have spoken with my people leader about this aspiration and we have developed a plan to ensure this happens.
Currently at the company level, something like 46% of leadership positions are filled by women, and there is a commitment of 50% by 2017. In my office alone, there is a diversity of gender, race, experience and opinion. We are aware of and continue to manage unconscious bias, with HR Managers ensuring they recruit people from diverse backgrounds, but ultimately it is a meritocracy.
They have just opened a new office building that has the highest green star rating possible. Westpac run multiple charity events during the year as well as a matching donations program for its employees
Great space and facilities. Suit every day, tie optional in most roles
State of the art building. Moving towards a paperless environment.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.UBS is a global financial services firm offering investment banking and asset management.
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.