- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Westpac Group Reviews
Reviews by Westpac Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 58 graduates working at Westpac Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 58 responses.
- Diverse experiences
- The opportunities for career advancement, high performance culture
- Experience & exposure to different areas
- Great opportunities for networking Flexible work hours Is customer focus and does live by its values
- Very flexible working arrangements, good culture
- level of administrative processes
- The structure of the graduate program, requires a little more clarity.
- A lot of technology work is outsourced.
- Very few international opportunities. Time it takes to get things done, bureaucracy.
- Guidance seems to depend more on the team you're in and the people around you than HR. The graduate program seems to be heavily dependent on the stream managers - with little involvement from the wider graduate HR group.
What insiders say about…
The white collar equivalent of fetching coffees - sending emails, writing documents no one reads, asking questions on the grapevine because knowledge is so poor in the bank and you can't easily find information that is needed.
Differs greatly amongst different teams. Generally, work life balance is good and employees get along well. Recent restructures and redundancies before xmas has caused issues of late
For a graduate there were many stages you had to get through. multiple applications, a video recorded interview and a day of workshops which included multiple work related tasks
My experience, my degree, what I enjoyed doing, how I likes to work and some questions designed to test my reasoning and problem solving skills
It�s hard to prepare for the grad interviews as most people have roughly the same experience and education. the selection process I believe was more around a cultural fit. are you able to work collectively? can you overcome difficult situations? will you help others when they need help?
Work hours fluctuate during reporting/non-reporting periods. Work is very flexible when it comes to balancing between work and life. I am able to work from home when necessary and have the option of flexible hours.
Benefits including banking and super products, flight discounts, insurance etc.
Highly accessible in most cases. I can personally say that a great deal of the managers make excellent mentors.
You get to do Business Analyst and Project Management courses (2 days). You have to give a business case if you want to do more training.
There are some good opportunities but some areas expect you to "do your time" rather than giving you a chance to prove yourself.
Has special grants for people of indigenous backgrounds.
Recognised as a world leader in this space. Has won several awards, including Most Sustainable Company.
Both offices in the CBD are very good. Dress code varies team to team, but is generally a suit with or without a tie for men
As mentioned earlier, the Barangaroo office has the highest green start rating possible for a buildingJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.UBS is a global financial services firm offering investment banking and asset management.
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.