The Treasury Graduate Program offers recent university graduates the opportunity to join Australia’s leading economic policy adviser. Our program offers comprehensive training, development and mentorship from skilled professionals, who will work with you to develop your skills, knowledge and confidence. We draw upon a diverse range of expertise and perspectives, using a wide range of information and cutting-edge analysis.
Department of the Treasury
About this Employer
Jobs & Internships
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility. Real ownership of your work and the ability to make important decisions, even at junior levels.
- The wide range of policy issues to deal with. Everyday it�s different. Great conditions and work environment.
- Interesting work at a highly respected agency.
- Opportunities to travel for work and do exciting secondments to other agencies and countries.
- I get to work on topical issues and feel that my skills are properly harnessed while doing so.
- Cold Canberra winters.
- The Department is based in Canberra which takes me away from family. You can get frustrated getting caught up in government processes.
- At times, Treasury is required to meet tight deadlines and staff may be required to work overtime. However, Treasury has a supportive team environment and flexible work arrangements.
- Pressures and deadlines close to Budget and MYEFO, requiring resilience.
- The bureaucracy of working in the public sector.