- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Department of the Treasury Reviews
Reviews by Department of the Treasury graduate employees
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility. Real ownership of your work and the ability to make important decisions, even at junior levels.
- The wide range of policy issues to deal with. Everyday it�s different. Great conditions and work environment.
- Interesting work at a highly respected agency.
- Opportunities to travel for work and do exciting secondments to other agencies and countries.
- I get to work on topical issues and feel that my skills are properly harnessed while doing so.
- Cold Canberra winters.
- The Department is based in Canberra which takes me away from family. You can get frustrated getting caught up in government processes.
- At times, Treasury is required to meet tight deadlines and staff may be required to work overtime. However, Treasury has a supportive team environment and flexible work arrangements.
- Pressures and deadlines close to Budget and MYEFO, requiring resilience.
- The bureaucracy of working in the public sector.