We’re very proud to say that every day people around the world live, work, shop or play in an asset we have created. We create life-changing healthcare facilities and hospitals; highways, bridges, tunnels and train lines that connect people. We create retail centres that support businesses and provide employment opportunities and residential communities where homes are established and families are cherished. We shape city skylines, create iconic structures, breathe life into forgotten precincts and design places and spaces for generations to enjoy.
About this Employer
- Working with passionate people who want to shape Australia for the better
- The encourage diversity, in people, in thought and in ideas. They have a huge focus on delivering the biggest and best projects and are genuine in their ambitions.
- Scope of project types company involved in, allowing me to gain experience/exposure to many different areas of construction and maintenance
- The opportunities it provides to work on projects no other company is. Work/life is fairly balanced and actively encouraged in my current team.
- Diversity and development
- Working in a big company there are at times lots of red tape to cut through before achieving results or getting approvals
- Heavily project based, with very internalised operations (not much communication between projects)
- The bureaucracy of big business. Obtaining approvals for relatively small sums/engagements is tedious.
- Difficulty maintaining a work/life balance
- Development courses outside of the day to day roles could be made more frequent and allow for more opportunities to work with graduates outside of my stream.