- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by Redox graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.5GradAustralia surveyed 7 graduates working at Redox. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 7 responses.
- Independence to run your patch in an autonomous way, management open to opportunities you come up with that will show mutual benefit for Redox and the customer
- Great people, some freedom to work the way you want.
- The environment, Starting in a new organisation can be daunting, but everyone at Redox makes you feel right at home straight away. You get a sense of enjoyment here unlike any other workplace.
- That everyday is different and we work as a team
- Redox are supportive and look after their employee's e.g. superannuation fees waived, training offered were appropriate. I feel like your opinion is heard at Redox and you can speak to the Directors directly if you feel the need.
- Can be somewhat tedious and repetitive. Not much opportunity for creative thinking.
- The food, canteen food could be better.
- Unable to offer any technical advice so don't really use knowledge gained from my degree.
- The graduate salary is quite low compared to other graduate jobs.
What insiders say about…
I have a client base that I am actively expanding by visiting businesses and discovering if Redox can offer any products at a competitive price. I receive emails and phone calls from my clients that they are looking for a product, I use the Redox computer system to find the appropriate product then work out a price based on many different factors (delivery price, exchange rate, floor cost, etc.). I offer the customer a quote and attempt to find out competitor information to help me gain the order. I also try to predetermine when an existing customer is after stock so they don't run short at their site I will prompt them to order more of a certain product. I try to get existing customers to buy more of their products from Redox. I can offer samples and competitive pricing with support from the product manager of that product. I have a company car and I go out a few times a month to visit customer at their site or visit potential customer to try and gain new business.
During office hours not much socialising. Brisbane office does not do Friday afternoon drinks. However, outside of work we do catch up sometimes.
Redox ensures that they hire the right person and is very thorough in selecting.
I have worked with KPI's before? Why do I want to be in sales?
I have to be here 9-5, however do see customers outside of office.
I am paid a low graduates salary but I am unsure that will increase greatly over time. Each year at an annual review your salary is discussed with your supervisor and approved by a director. I cannot achieve bonuses until I bring more money into the company. Redox base their salary on the size of your client list and you get bonuses based on how much money you bring in from your patch size.
Every Redox employee has lunch paid for everyday. You order it online in the morning and your lunch arrives at your desk at 12pm for a half hour lunch break.
The Redox Directors are just a call/email/message away. Management are always there and willing to help.
One-on-one training with the sales manager at the beginning - it involved going through PowerPoint presentations related to sales skills. This was good theoretical knowledge. My direct supervisor accompanied me for my first customer visits to direct me and give advice.
Depending on which state/office you are based in can make it easier or harder to move up the ranks. In places like Sydney and Melbourne it can be easier, as the turnover of staff is a little higher which free's up accounts and products. Also the amount of customer accounts they hold in those offices are much larger than others so it is easier to pass on larger accounts and therefore increase the sales persons sales patch worth and workload to make them eligible for a promotion. However you only usually get one opportunity per year to get a promotion or pay increase when you have your yearly review. In smaller offices like Adelaide and Perth it can be harder as there are a lot of long standing employees who hold all the biggest accounts. So most of the time it means you have to wait for one of the following to get a promotion: Someone to leave (therefore accounts and products become available) or for management to decide they want a shift within the office, but usually graduates don't benefit as much as other sales reps as they have not been there as long and don't have as much experience as others.
Redox have any procedures in place and appreciate diversity in the workplace.
The office space is quite large and open plan. Staff are only separated by partitions, no one has a personal office, not even management. The facilities are good, we have 2 kitchens in the office (one down stairs and one upstairs) with all amenities such as: coffee machine, fridge, microwave, sink, puratap etc. We also have a small home-style gym, multiple meeting rooms, toilets, showers etc. The location is not too bad it is on the northern side of the city about 30min to CBD centre. The dress code is smart casual office wear.
Redox Adelaide recycle kitchen milk bottles, cans, cardboard. We are also getting solar power in the coming months.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...