- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Department of Social Services Reviews
Reviews by Department of Social Services graduate employees
- The friendly atmosphere, the people you get to work with, the opportunities to be challenged and work on issues that affect our community.
- You get to work across a wide range of communications areas
- There are many good things about DSS. There is the flexibility, a great friendly culture, opportunities to gain experience in other roles within the department & good working conditions.
- You get a sense of helping vulnerable people through targeted policies / programs / initiatives
- The breadth of policy issues that DSS is responsible for - it offers a wide variety and plenty of opportunities to work in different areas.
- Government of the day changing the agenda
- Like all large organisations, the bureaucracy to do certain things.
- I miss living in a big city! Don't necessarily get a say as to where you are placed.
- Working in the Australian Public Service involves adhering to a lot of bureaucratic processes.