- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
WSP Australia Reviews
Reviews by WSP Australia graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 51 graduates working at WSP Australia. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 51 responses.
- Major Projects
- The opportunities awarded to graduates goes above and beyond anything I thought it would be.
- The opportunities to develop with internal and external training schemes provided.
- ability to work interstate
- The diversity within the company and the encouragement given from all staff no matter what experience level. Everyone is very thoughtful and committed and are there to help you if you need it
- It is possible for a company to be too nice but ultimately it all works out eventually.
- Quite large and can get lost amongst everyone else
- lower pay and slower advancements compared to smaller companies
- Long hours
- Lower pay, some staff members that underperform without consequence
What insiders say about…
Field investigations, data management, factual report writing
There is a strong culture that encourages social connection with co-workers and work/life balance. The only difficulty is an ingrained culture in engineering that underestimates the abilities of graduates, which is difficult particularly if you are a mature aged graduate with extensive prior work experience.
The interview was a simple process where I met with the section head and the lead engineer I would be working with and they asked a series of questions. There was no assessment. My understanding is that this isnt the typical graduate recruitment process however it was still formal and thorough.
I was asked about: -My background -My previous experience -What I learnt at University and how it could be applicable to the company -What I can bring to the company
Have a good understanding of the history of the company. Who we are and what we do. Where are we located. Who is the CEO. What does the section you're applying for do and what have they done in the past?
My department is very flexible with hours.
Pay is fair for the work put in.
Flexible work options, free industry event tickets
Managers are approachable, easy to talk to and make time to talk to you. Mentors are encouraged as part of the graduate program. online programs for performance feedback and reviews online programs for praise and recognition which can then be exchanged for goods and services of your choosing (Movie tickets, holiday vouchers etc.)
Numerous internal training schemes to constantly develop. I have undertaken a Masters degree through this channel.
I got promoted in probation due to opportunity to promote me and because of my work standard. This role I currently hold will be a role I am in for a while and I am not looking to move further up for the next few years as I'd like experience at all levels. My responsibilities will extend but I do not foresee a promotion. Laboratory structure works a little bit differently to other areas.
Attempting to improve on diversity are gradually showing.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
LendleaseAt Lendlease we create the best places. Whether that’s funding a project or developing and constructing state of the art buildings and infrastructure.