- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) Reviews
Reviews by Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.9GradAustralia surveyed 17 graduates working at Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO). Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 17 responses.
- The varied work tasks, exposure to both gas and electricity markets and operations, opportunities to grow and develop.
- Opportunities galore for a graduate.
- Great learning experience, great people, interesting work.
- Fulfilling work.
- Flexible working hours, variety of work, friendly people, different times, wealth of knowledge from all people.
- Large workload.
- Can be siloed and difficult to find out information if you don't know the right people to talk to.
- Little room for promotion up the company, employees can get stuck in roles, tendency to get understaffed (reactive to people movements/workload) - Serious silo-ing. Poor communication across the company - Mixed benefits
- Resistant to change, very risk-averse, generally run out of Melbourne
- Low capex due to tough budgetary pressures.
What insiders say about…
Mix of regular tasks and ad-hoc analysis depending on events occurring in the market and beyond.
The company has a consistent culture of accountability, teamwork and cooperation. People are friendly and very willing to help/teach. The socialising amongst colleagues is great, with frequent events held which is conducive to fostering internal relationships.
The application process was fairly standard for the industry. Stage 1: Application form. Including cover letter, references, resume, academic transcript and questions. Stage 2: Phone Interview. Stage 3: Assessment centre. My assessment centre had 6 people in it. There were 3 tasks. A team task, a team speaking task and a written technical assessment, which depended on the work stream you applied for. Stage 4: 'Career Chat' (i.e. final interview). Stage 5: Police and background check. Stage 6: Offer made.
Why I'd like to work at the company; what I valued; what areas I'd like to work in, etc.
Brush up on the industry at large, AEMO's energy updates and major reports that AEMO releases. Don't just get caught up on renewables - they are topical and important, however there are many other important functions that AEMO performs. Find out what excites you about the industry. It speaks volumes when a candidate is genuinely interested and passionate about some part of the industry.
Quite flexible - most teams are accommodating in terms of your needs.
They are very good!
Free lunches, cabs, and some events/functions related to the industry.
Immediate managers very accessible. Internal communication good. Feedback could be better (positive or negative).
Time management training, presentation skills, engagement training.
Managers succession planning is very good. This allows for promotions through the ranks, as well as for movement within the company.
We've just hired a female CEO - how exciting!
Has a good sustainability program and offers good volunteer leave. I have taken paid leave to volunteer
Business - no need for jacket and tie. Casual on Friday.
We have sustainability champions on every site that are committed to increasing awareness of our company's carbon footprint and introducing sustainable programs to AEMO.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...