- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by Wood graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.4GradAustralia surveyed 12 graduates working at Wood . Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 12 responses.
- Positive working relationships with colleagues
- The significant amount of technical knowledge I have been able to learn from friendly and highly experienced colleagues.
- Interesting and challenging work
- Good technical resources. Approachable management. Responsive to change. Site based rotations.
- Friendly environment,
- Poor communication / stewardship in adhering to and maintenance of elements of the management system
- Opportunities to develop through technical training courses is limited
- I haven't been here long enough for minuses
- Not much technical training.
- Currently, I'm not working on my discipline projects. Wood Group has a history of having problem assigning graduate with their discipline project as WG's clients are typically reluctant to accept new graduate engineers on board.
What insiders say about…
Provide HSE support and advice to all Project works (as required). Continual improvement of the HSE management system.
Everyone seems pretty happy and sociable given the market conditions.
Apply by handing in academic transcript, resume and cover letter. Complete video interview which involves answering 5-6 questions. Move on to assessment centre. Final stage of one-on-one interviews.
Behavioural based questions such as: - Share a time you used problems solving skills. - Share some strengths and weaknesses. - Demonstrate you have team works skills. - Share a little bit about yourself.
Practice answering interview style questions. Spend a few hours reading about the company you are applying for, in particular, things like core values, major clients and the type of work they do.
Wood Group is quite flexible with hours, giving you the options to start/finish early or late provided you work the required hours for the week. On Friday, you can finish as early as 2:30pm.
No bonuses are given. No overtime payment Little pay rise each year
My direct manager is usually available and provides assistance and feedback where provided. I have a mentor, however initial contact has not yet been made. Senior management hold a fortnightly information session which I attend most of the time.
The graduate program provides a Certificate IV Project Management course as well as an experienced mentor. I have also been able to develop knowledge and skills from informal discussions with colleagues.
Regular assessment of competency is undertaken. Promotion is based on time in the role and competency.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...At BHP we offer you the chance to grow, to think big and make a difference.
OricaWe provide market-leading customer solutions to improve productivity and resource efficiency in the mining, quarrying and oil & gas sectors
SchlumbergerWe’re a pore-to-pipeline technology company. Working globally, often in remote locations, we invent, design, engineer, apply, and maintain technology.