- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by Wood graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.4GradAustralia surveyed 12 graduates working at Wood . Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 12 responses.
- Positive working relationships with colleagues
- The significant amount of technical knowledge I have been able to learn from friendly and highly experienced colleagues.
- Interesting and challenging work
- Good technical resources. Approachable management. Responsive to change. Site based rotations.
- Friendly environment,
- Poor communication / stewardship in adhering to and maintenance of elements of the management system
- Opportunities to develop through technical training courses is limited
- I haven't been here long enough for minuses
- Not much technical training.
- Currently, I'm not working on my discipline projects. Wood Group has a history of having problem assigning graduate with their discipline project as WG's clients are typically reluctant to accept new graduate engineers on board.
What insiders say about…
Provide HSE support and advice to all Project works (as required). Continual improvement of the HSE management system.
After hours - little engagement and interaction; however some events occur at random. Socialising is limited; and this make be reflective of the relational nature of work during office hours. In office - open, sustainable but opportunity is there to promote an improved positive atmosphere. The company is in an ever-changing phase both structurally and in work scopes. Although the change can be tiring it is embraced and people work together to solve problems.
Professional interview process. Relevant assessments.
Examples of leadership and team work. Why I chose my degree What I would like to achieve in my career
No bonuses are given. No overtime payment Little pay rise each year
Managers are accessible and good mentors.
The graduate program provides a Certificate IV Project Management course as well as an experienced mentor. I have also been able to develop knowledge and skills from informal discussions with colleagues.
Not sure, still a grad. But seems pretty standard that at end of grad program you get promoted to engineer with a pay bump, then its a matter of personally chasing required competencies and working hard to progress from here.
We partner in several programs (CSR and Clontarf)
Indigenous engagement, monthly fundraising to employee nominated charities etc. Graduates took part in charity entrepreneurship program "Mycro Tyco" which was good fun and high profile money raising for third world countries. Could be more opportunities and better advertised - need to increase engagement of general workforce with these ideas.
Ideal city location, with the office split across three floors. The building has facilities for bicycle storage, showers and lockers.
We track our carbon emissions however not much is publicised about it.Join us to bookmark!You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...We take pride in being a world-class company who supplies the resources that help improve the lives of millions.
OricaWe provide market-leading customer solutions to improve productivity and resource efficiency in the mining, quarrying and oil & gas sectorsWe’re a pore-to-pipeline technology company. Working globally, often in remote locations, we invent, design, engineer, apply, and maintain technology.