- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- IT and communications
- Construction and property services
- Mining, oil and gas
- Creative arts and culture
- Retail and consumer goods
- Education and training
- Transport and logistics
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by Wood graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.4GradAustralia surveyed 12 graduates working at Wood . Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 12 responses.
- Positive working relationships with colleagues
- The significant amount of technical knowledge I have been able to learn from friendly and highly experienced colleagues.
- Interesting and challenging work
- Good technical resources. Approachable management. Responsive to change. Site based rotations.
- Friendly environment,
- Poor communication / stewardship in adhering to and maintenance of elements of the management system
- Opportunities to develop through technical training courses is limited
- I haven't been here long enough for minuses
- Not much technical training.
- Currently, I'm not working on my discipline projects. Wood Group has a history of having problem assigning graduate with their discipline project as WG's clients are typically reluctant to accept new graduate engineers on board.
What insiders say about…
Detailed engineering for offshore brownfields modifications and life extension projects.
Office culture is good, structure and hierarchy is as you would expect at any engineering company. Teamwork is great.
Standard - application, short automated video interviews, 2 hour group assessment centre, then one on one interview. Relatively simple compared to some places, and fair as far as I can tell.
Problem solving, real life examples and situations of where I demonstrated core values etc. About me and what I enjoy doing, what I expect from the job and the company.
Be honest, prepare a broad range of real life examples of what you have done to show various skills and values. Be passionate.
Wood Group is quite flexible with hours, giving you the options to start/finish early or late provided you work the required hours for the week. On Friday, you can finish as early as 2:30pm.
Initial salary was sufficient and relative. Upscaling when working away (i.e. rotational FIFO) is also sufficient. However, an increase in responsibilities that are outside of the role description has not seen equivalent increases in pay rates.
Access to corporate health insurance, frequent flyer points, occasional celebratory events and training opportunities.
Managers are accessible and good mentors.
The graduate program provides a Certificate IV Project Management course as well as an experienced mentor. I have also been able to develop knowledge and skills from informal discussions with colleagues.
Can be promoted from Graduate to Engineer upon completion of the 2 year program. I believe it entails a presentation and interview, but no information has been provided.
Utilises local workforces in remote locations.
There are frequent updates on company policies and charity events.
Green initiatives are implemented such as automatic lighting and recycling. Office space, layout and location are all practical. A formal dress code applies Mon - Thurs, particularly if engaging Clients/Contractors. Friday is casual.
Not too sure.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...We take pride in being a world-class company who supplies the resources that help improve the lives of millions.
OricaWe provide market-leading customer solutions to improve productivity and resource efficiency in the mining, quarrying and oil & gas sectors