- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by AECOM graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.2GradAustralia surveyed 59 graduates working at AECOM. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 59 responses.
- Flexibility to take time off
- Diversity of work and all the people are great to work with. company seems to win lots of work
- The opportunities afforded to me as a young engineer. Working with a great team of motivated professionals.
- Multi discipline and international company
- Flexible time and working arrangement, good working environment.
- Be prepared for significant changes in processes and procedures. Although this can be viewed as a positive, as it is a reflection of the importance the company places on developing these.
- Too many levels of management
- Clunky Processes/Systems. the inertia that comes with a company of this scale
- High pressure
- The fluctuating working hours
What insiders say about…
Project management and admin
Open plan office, good for flexible working but can sometimes make it hard to build good relationships when everyone is always moving around. Electrical team has two managers but a few principal engineers. All the team is very knowledgeable and willing to assist the grads. Some team members do not take responsibility and are quick to point blame (same goes for all companies, I imagine).
Online application, aptitude testing, phone screen, assessment centre, face to face
Be yourself, let your personality shine and back that up with any related experience. Do some research and understand what your role entails.
Hours are flexible, if you need to leave early one day you can make up the time another.
Pay is good if you are good at negotiating it. OK if not. Sydney is an expensive place to live but I can afford to rent a nice apartment within walking distance of the CBD.
Each team has a team leader who communicates with the larger group leaders and corporate above that. Each month the higher ups will hold a meeting for the larger groups to tell us about changes to the business etc. They make me feel like I am a valued part of the company, and always say that we can approach them to chat.
Soft skills are Taught in the graduate program
There are so many great people here that it is probably harder to get early promotions, but I am learning so much so I am content where I am
If you have the will you have a way at AECOM- no questions were ever asked on cultural background
The company supports several good CSR initiatives including Pollinate Energy, Construction, and some pro-bono consulting projects.
Impressive facilities, clean, good space ratio, office locations spread regionally and in capital cities
Recycling / green waste, automatic lights and heating etc. Excellent end of trip facilities for active commuters.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...