- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by AECOM graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.2GradAustralia surveyed 59 graduates working at AECOM. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 59 responses.
- Flexibility to take time off
- Diversity of work and all the people are great to work with. company seems to win lots of work
- The opportunities afforded to me as a young engineer. Working with a great team of motivated professionals.
- Multi discipline and international company
- Flexible time and working arrangement, good working environment.
- Be prepared for significant changes in processes and procedures. Although this can be viewed as a positive, as it is a reflection of the importance the company places on developing these.
- Too many levels of management
- Clunky Processes/Systems. the inertia that comes with a company of this scale
- High pressure
- The fluctuating working hours
What insiders say about…
Given a great deal of responsibility from day one, including communications with clients
Colleagues are very kind and great to get along with. Not a lot of socialising by some.
The interview process consisted of video interview and face to face interview. The video interview involved a series of questions regarding leadership, time management etc. Whilst the face to face interview is tested if you know your industry
1. AECOM projects, and how I can contribute 2. Scenarios such as 'handling conflict of interest and keeping all stakeholders happy" 3. How will you go about improving and securing water supply
Know the area(s) you are applying too
I work 3 days per week, two in the office and one at home. I don't have to work 8 hours straight- I can complete 3 days work over 5 days. With a young child this is very convenient to me.
Graduate pay is good, probably above average for the industry. Professional level pay is below average, and the process by which annual pay increases are decided seems unclear and inconsistent. There is a perception that politics matters more than performance. There is a perception that the company is unwilling to increase pay even when the external market is doing well.
Very flexible work hours. Real espresso machines. Beautiful offices with open space, plants, group work areas, and big lunchrooms.
Managers and supervisors are accessible
Have not started the graduate program yet
Due to the global nature of AECOM, there are lots of opportunity to move up in the company and move around globally. Due to AECOM's structured performance and rewards program, promotion can be annual if you display the necessary skills, behaviours, competencies etc.
My team is very diverse. There could be more women, but a lot are on maternity leave currently. There is a wide diversity of people from different countries.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...