- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- IT and communications
- Construction and property services
- Mining, oil and gas
- Creative arts and culture
- Retail and consumer goods
- Education and training
- Transport and logistics
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by AECOM graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.2GradAustralia surveyed 59 graduates working at AECOM. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 59 responses.
- Flexibility to take time off
- Diversity of work and all the people are great to work with. company seems to win lots of work
- The opportunities afforded to me as a young engineer. Working with a great team of motivated professionals.
- Multi discipline and international company
- Flexible time and working arrangement, good working environment.
- Be prepared for significant changes in processes and procedures. Although this can be viewed as a positive, as it is a reflection of the importance the company places on developing these.
- Too many levels of management
- Clunky Processes/Systems. the inertia that comes with a company of this scale
- High pressure
- The fluctuating working hours
What insiders say about…
Assigned to a project, daily routine varies depending on stage of project.
What I find quite unique about AECOM is despite the size of the company you can find a different bubble of culture in each department- which makes it easier to establish a close relationship with colleagues.
Quick and concise
Say you're willing to relocated/ be seconded
Flexible work hours, but the dedicated team has high expectations
I believe I am paid fairly for the hours that I claim and I am encouraged to claim all of the hours that I work. I believe that people who work hard and perform well are rewarded for it. New bonus schemes have been introduced lately but I have not yet been involved.
Ability to 'purchase' 2 additional weeks annual leave and pay back the value of those 2 weeks pre-tax over any number of months of work (within 12 months). Discounted vouchers for major chains such as Myer, Woolworths, Coles, etc. Discounted health cover options, flu vaccinations and rebated gym membership. Pre-tax donations to charity.
Visible leadership team via different forms of communication (regional office visits, emails), performance feedback received well
The new AECOM University (available internally) has a number of training modules which leverage our international technical and project management experts to share knowledge and experience. I have not attended any external training because it has not yet been a requirement of my role. Mandatory training on safety, code of conduct and anti-corruption is delivered online and can be undertaken at a time suitable to employees. On the job training through working on projects is the most common form of training and I have enjoyed this, but it is restricted by the availability of senior stuff.
Hard to tell as the market changes. The graduate program is a very long 3 years, and it's not a formal program. This is a cost saving mechanism as much as a training opportunity. However, high achievers can be recognised and they will have market competitive promotions.
Female CEO and very senior roles taken up by strong females.
Lots of volunteering opportunities.
Great office and facilities. This was actually a key factor in me choosing a career here. End of trip bike facilities are great. Depending on the level of client interaction there is some flexibility around dress code.
Encourages not to print when not required. Asks that we keep the blinds down on hot days to reduce air conditioner use, etc.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...